COVERING CLIMATE SMART AGRICULTURE FORUM IN SOUTH AFRICA


I am elated.


Few weeks ago, I received an invitation from the Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) to cover a Climate-Smart Agriculture forum in South Africa as Social Reporter.

The meeting and the working sessions is based on “Scaling-Up Climate-Smart Agricultural Solutions for Cereals and Livestock Farmers in Southern Africa” in South Africa, 13-15 September 2016. This regional meeting will be co-organised by CTA in the framework of a recently launched strategic partnership for a 3-year flagship project on promoting climate-resilient agricultural solutions for cereals and livestock farmers in the southern African region in Johannesburg, South Africa.


From the past years, I have been following the activities and projects of CTA. In January 2013, I was selected and successfully completed a training course in Web 2.0 and Social Media for Development, which was organised by CTA in collaboration with the Faculty of Agriculture, University of Mauritius. During my undergraduate studies in agriculture, I was the President of an Agricultural Society and in my capacity, I dedicated myself to promoting agriculture among the youth by launching and organising several activities. Click here to have an overview of the activities organised. From that time, I thus made use of social media to disseminate agriculture related information and news to the general public. 

Delivering speech on the event of an Agricultural Fair
 organised by the Agricultural Society
Through volunteering and working with several organisations and recently being at the United Nations Food Agriculture Organisation (UNFAO), I found my passion in agriculture, fisheries, social media and in engaging in project management. I also had the opportunity to attend few informative webinars organised by CTA, my blog (Mauritius Aquaculture Sector) got selected for  the YoBloCo Award organised by CTA and I was selected among many applicants from around the globe to cover international conferences as Online Social Media Reporter.

I am excited about attending this forum because I am concerned about the impacts of agriculture due to climate change and vice versa. However, I am excited because I know covering this event under the supervision of professionals will take my social media skills, communication skills and project management skills to a next level. 'To succeed, you have to believe in something with such a passion that it becomes a reality'' (A Rodick). I am elated to have been invited by CTA out of so many qualified professionals and candidates. 



THANK YOU CTA FOR THIS ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY!


To all agriculture lovers and everyone concerned about climate change impacts, I will be tweeting live from South Africa using the hashtag #CSAFSA. Do not hesitate to comment or inbox your queries. I will be glad to hearing from you and I look forward for your support in finding climate smart agricultural solutions.


Happening in 1 week! Forum for scaling up CSA solutions for cereals & livestock farmers: http://bit.ly/2c5IVUF Follow #CSAFSA


Comments

Post a Comment